- Black Belt – BJJ
- His love of martial arts started in his teenage years when he studied Taekwondo for a few years.
- Played football in college (DIII); University of Chicago grad.
Learn More About Joon
– Grew up in northwest suburbs (Prospect Hts, IL)
– Attended Wheeling High School (1994-1997)
– Graduated from University of Chicago (1997-2001)
– Athlete most of my life, played tennis, football in high school, then football in college (DIII)
– Tae Kwon Do for 3 years during teenage years
– After a few years of working post college, was looking for next thing to keep me in shape and to learn something new. Walked into TDC in Dec of 2007 with no prior wrestling or BJJ experience, have been with team ever since.
– I manage a small law firm, Atom Law Group located in River North.
– Also a partner in a fast casual Mexican restaurant, Big Wig Tacos & Burritos located in River North, 2nd location set to open in Logan Square this summer.
– Married with 2 boys Marcus (7) and Brandon (4), they have recently begun their BJJ training
– Currently live in Evanston
– Reading/learning about health/fitness, psychology, economics, personal development
– Playing/practicing/watching wide range of sports